Determination of the stereochemistry of poly(1,3-cyclohexadiene) via end group functionalization

David T. Williamson, Thomas E. Glass, Timothy Edward Long*

*Corresponding author for this work

Research output: Contribution to journalArticlepeer-review

18 Citations (Scopus)


The stereochemistry of poly(1,3-cyclohexadiene) was examined through end group functionalization with chlorotrimethylsilane. The polymer backbone of poly(1,3-cyclohexadiene) contained 70% 1,2 addition and 30% 1,4-addition. The regiochemistry of 6000 trimethylsilyl (TMS) end-capped chain ends was examined through both 1H and 29Si nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR). The ratio ofthe cis vs trans stereomolecules of poly(1,3-cyclohexadiene) were determined upon 1H NMR examination of the TMS end groups, and found to be 6% trans and 18% cis of the total 24% 1,4-addition.

Original languageEnglish
Pages (from-to)6144-6146
Number of pages3
Issue number17
Publication statusPublished - 2001 Aug 14
Externally publishedYes

ASJC Scopus subject areas

  • Materials Chemistry


Dive into the research topics of 'Determination of the stereochemistry of poly(1,3-cyclohexadiene) via end group functionalization'. Together they form a unique fingerprint.

Cite this